WhatsApp has 5 alternatives which are listed below.
Alternative 1: Skype
Say “hello” to friends and family with an instant message, voice or video call on Skype for free. Join the millions of people using Skype today to stay in touch with the people who matter most. There’s so much you can do, right from the palm of your hand.
Find all your friends and family in an instant - With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
Talk with your fingers - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free messaging.
Call your world from Skype - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
Low cost calls to mobiles and landlines too - Keep in touch, even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines on the other side of town or the world.
Share your favorite snaps - Take a great photo you want to share? Send it over Skype to friends and family and you won’t have to worry about email size limits or expensive MMS charges.
Video messaging – Record life’s everyday moments and share them with the people who matter most, with free and unlimited video messaging over Skype.
Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Read more about Skype as an alternative for WhatsApp.
Alternative 2: WeChat
WeChat is a free messaging & calling app that allows you to easily connect with family & friends across countries. It’s the allinone communications app for free text voice & video calls, moments, photo sharing, and games. Free texting, voice messages, and video calls in your pocket. 300 million people love WeChat because it's fast, reliable, private, and always on.
- Talk faster on the go with voice messages
- Crystal clear voice and video calls
- Instant messaging with group chats and animated smileys
- Chat with your friends or with people nearby
- Sending photos and videos has never been simpler
- Real walkie talkie mode with up to 40 friends
- Always on, no logouts, never miss a message
- Get message alerts instantly with push notifications
- Share, like, and comment on photos with your friends
- Import contacts and add friends instantly
- Available on all smartphones, all for free
- WeChat works over your phone's existing data plan or any WiFi connection.
- Extract QR codes from within images
Read more about WeChat as an alternative for WhatsApp.
Alternative 3: Facebook Messenger
Instantly reach the people in your lifefor free. Messenger is just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). Not just for Facebook friends Message people in your phone book and just enter a phone number to add a new contact.
Create groups for the people you message most. Name them, set group photos and keep them all in one place.
Photos and videos
Shoot videos and snap selfies or other photos right from the app and send them with one tap.
Talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries. (Calls are free over WiFi. Otherwise, standard data charges apply.)
Even more ways to message Bring your conversations to life with stickers. Preview your camera roll photos and videos without leaving the conversationthen choose the perfect ones to send. Record voice messages when you have more to say.
- Know when people have seen your messages.
- Forward messages or photos to people who weren't in the conversation.
- Search for people and groups to quickly get back to them.
- Turn on location to let people know when you're nearby.
- See who's available on Messenger and who's active on Facebook.
- Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break.
- Stay logged in so you never miss a message.
Read more about Facebook Messenger as an alternative for WhatsApp.
Alternative 4: Snapchat
Enjoy fast and fun mobile conversation! Snap a photo or a video, add a caption, and send it to a friend. They’ll view it, laugh, and then the Snap disappears from the screen unless they take a screenshot!
You can also add a Snap to your Story with one tap to share your day with all of your friends. The best conversations happen when both friends are present, so we’ll let you know if your friend is Here in your Chat so that you can give each other your full attention. And if you're both Here, simply press and hold to share live video and Chat facetoface!
Read more about Snapchat as an alternative for WhatsApp.
Alternative 5: Kik
185 million people love Kik! Only Kik lets you connect with all your friends, no matter how you meet them at school, on your favorite social app, or in an online game. Just ask them “What’s your Kik?” Whether you’re into games, music, celebrity news, or just chatting, Kik is the place to hang out!
- Set up a username that’s unique to you. With Kik, you never have to share your phone number
- Kik’s special features let you manage your conversations, so you always decide who you talk to
- Do more than chat. Find and share games, music, celebrity gossip and more – without ever leaving Kik
Read more about Kik as an alternative for WhatsApp.